NORTHHAVEN RULES REMINDERS FOR OWNERS, GUESTS AND TENANTS 2021
Owners, guests and tenants are responsible for understanding and complying with Northhaven’s Rules.
Owners can access the full set of By-laws and Rules; Regulations on the Northhaven website.
Violators of the following rules are subject to denial of Recreation Center privileges, and/or fines of up to $500 for each occurrence.
Noise & Disturbances
- Northhaven is a Residential Condominium Complex. All unit owners, guests and tenants shall refrain from creating noise or other disturbances offensive to neighbors at all times.
- Recognize that the units are connected with other units and that noise will be heard in units above, below or next to yours.
- Tenants and guests need to be careful not to create disturbances while moving in and moving out.
- Encourage children to refrain from running and jumping within the units.
- Refrain from hanging swimsuits, towels or other clothing from deck railings and patio partitions.
Additional Reminders for Tenants
- Smoking is not allowed in the rental unit, in the Recreation Center or on the Recreation Center grounds. Please be aware that patios and driveways are very close together in most of Northhaven’s buildings. Please refrain from smoking in these areas when windows are open and when other owners or guests are present in these areas.
- Renting a unit at Northhaven does not include the right to use it as a gathering point for friends and relatives staying elsewhere in the area.
- Tenants are allowed to park a maximum of two passenger vehicles at or near the unit. Any additional passenger vehicles must be parked at the recreation center or at the boat and trailer parking area.
- Do not park in any driveways other than the one you own or are renting.
- For safety reasons please do not park on the roads at any time. Additional parking is available in overflow areas, the recreation center and in the boat and trailer parking area.
- No parking is allowed on the grass.
- Unit Owners shall be entitled to the exclusive use of the driveway directly in front of their garage/living space; thus, no one else may use that space without the express permission of the Unit Owner.
- Boats, trailers and RV’s must be parked by the garage/storage area. They must not be parked in driveways or by the recreation center.
- Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas are subject to being towed away at the owner’s expense.
- Do not leave garage doors open when not in use.
Grills and Grilling
- All grills must be used at least 10 feet from the building, including garages and overhangs. The grill shall be removed immediately after use.
- Charcoal grills may only be used on the asphalt driveways at least 10 feet from the building.
- All ashes must be disposed of in the can next to the trash and recycling building.
- Under no circumstances can a propane tank ever be kept or stored inside or in a garage; however propane tanks may be stored on a balcony or deck.
- Fines up to our insurance deductible of $5,000 may be levied against any unit owner who causes damage or whose guest or tenant causes damage to the Northhaven property, including grass or wooded areas, through the improper use or disposal of any grill or charcoal.
Recreation Center, Pool and Whirlpool
- All glass containers, including beer and wine bottles, are prohibited in the Recreation Center, both inside and outside. If they are found (or if caught), there is a $400.00 fine; your security deposit is completely forfeited. Please ask violators to remove any glass items immediately and report the incident to maintenance or the board.
- Tenants may not invite non-residents to use the pool.
- No lifeguard is provided. The use of the pool and whirlpool is at your own risk.
- An adult must accompany children under 16 at all times.
- Children under the age of 6 are not allowed in the whirlpool hot tub. There is a $500.00 fine if your child touches the water. Surveillance cameras are present in the pool area.
- Non-toilet trained children must wear swim diapers at all times while in the pool/swimming areas.
- All gates, doors and windows must remain closed and latched.
- Don’t let anyone you do not know is a homeowner into the clubhouse/pool area. It may be a nice gesture to hold the door open or let someone in, but they may not be owners or guests.
- The televisions are to be left on at all times.
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut.
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area.
- No diving.
- Do not bring animals into the recreation center or its grounds.
- No smoking in the recreation center or its grounds.
- You must call maintenance immediately if there is a fecal accident or if someone gets sick in a pool. Maintenance phone numbers are posted in the Recreation Center.
- Do not throw or place chairs in pools.
- The exercise equipment is for adults and should not be used when wearing a bathing suit. Shoes are also a requirement when using the equipment.
- If someone is being offensive please kindly remind them of their responsibilities as a homeowner, guest or tenant.
- Tenants are not allowed to bring pets to Northhaven. Owners & their guests need to do the following:
- Please clean up after them. Other people are NOT responsible for someone else’s dog!
- All pets shall be kept on a leash and accompanied by its owner at all times when outside the unit.
- If you have a dog who barks when left home alone, please deal with the issue by taking the dog to a kennel. Homeowners should not have to hear a dog barking for hours during the day/night.
- Northhaven recycles aluminum, plastic, glass, paper and cardboard. Cardboard boxes must be broken down before placing in the recycle bin.
- All refuse shall be discarded in plastic bags and placed in centrally located trash containers provided by the association and located in the trash building next to the recreation center parking lot.
- Please dispose of trash in the proper receptacles. It costs all of us more when a few don’t abide by the rules set forth by the disposal company.
- Electronic devices such as TV’s, Microwaves Computers or batteries and any large items such as appliances, grills, and furniture or remodeling waste may not be disposed of on the Northhaven property.
Other Common Areas
- The speed limit on all roadways in Northhaven is 10 miles per hour. Please observe this speed limit for the safety of our children and others using the roads for walking and biking.
- Swimming is not allowed in the ponds, including pets.
- Do not throw rocks into the ponds.
- Do not fish in the ponds.
- The ponds have liners and if they are damaged the cost of replacing them is very high.
- The use of Fire Pits is strictly prohibited. Open fires shall only be permitted in designated areas at designated times. Should such authorized fires create a hazard or nuisance to other unit owners, or jeopardize safety of the environment or individuals; said fires shall be terminated immediately.
- The use of fireworks on Northhaven property is prohibited.
#1 VACATION RENTAL COMPANY IN DOOR COUNTY PROVIDING SUPERIOR VACATIONS TO DESERVING GUESTS
JR VACATION RENTALS – DOOR COUNTY, WI